Amiri font v0.102
كتبه خالد يوم 22 مايو 2012
Another Amiri font release:
Amiri 0.102 (2012-05-22)
- The largest feature of this release is adding Latin script support based on Crimson font, covering latin-0 to 9 code pages as well as all characters used in common Arabic romanisation schemes (not including IPA) and other common punctuation characters.
- Beh with small v below (U+08A0).
- Basmala symbol (U+FDFD).
- New contextual shape for final open heh-yaa combination.
- New contextual shape for final faa-yaa combination.
- New contextual shape for knotted heh-yaa baree.
- New, improved and more open hmaza wasl.
- Larger and more readable shadda, regular and Qur'anic sukun.
- Larger and more readable Sallallahou Alayhe Wasallam symbol (U+FDFA).
- Improved dot placement of initial baa-like glyphs.
- Improved dot placement of kaf-baa-alef combination.
- Improved placement of dagger alef on regular glyphs.
- Wider final alef with madda to avoid clash between madda and next glyphs.
- Improved kaf-meem-alef, kaf-alef combinations at smaller sizes on screen.
- Improve kaf-lam-final meem.
- Avoid initial/medial kaf clash with next glyph's dots.
- Improved medial and final sad connecting part.
- More efficient kerning feature using contextual positioning
- Reduce dal/raa-kaf kerning to avoid dot clash
- More positive kerning for raa-intial yaa.
- Make kerning across ZWNJ work with Uniscribe.
Bug fixes: #1347860, #3471042, #3475146, #3509875
- Duplicate 'locl' in 'ccmp' to work around engines not supporting the former.
- Smaller, MTX compressed EOT files.
Many other subtle improvements here and there.